New component: IconLoader
The IconLoader component converts a Macintosh OS X (.icns) or Windows XP (.ico) icon file, along with its alpha mask, to a Flex 2 UIComponent.
New component: PromptingTextArea
This is exactly like the existing PromptingTextInput in FlexLib (is that perhaps the most-used component in flexlib?). Same thing, extends TextArea and allows you to specify a prompt to be displayed when the text area is empty.
The changelog for FlexLib .2 release:
- Added PromptingTextArea
- Added IconLoader
- Added case-insensitive option for Highlighter
- fixes for issues 35, 45, 47, 50
Keep reporting bugs! I do monitor the bug list and make fixes.
Also of note is that this is the first “corporate” contribution (outside of Adobe). Tobias Patton developed the IconLoader while working for EffectiveUI. We encourage companies to contribute components to FlexLib. You’ve got to release them under the MIT license, but we give you credit on the contributors page 🙂
- I've just updated FlexLib and added some components from new contributors and fixed some reported bugs in the existing components. The new additions include: Text Highlighter from Tom Lee, Base64 Image from Stacy Young, and Enhanced ButtonSkin from Daniel Wabyick. Darron also added a component this morning, HorizontalAxisDataSelector. And I've…
- James Ward already had a little writeup about Mint.com using Flex for some of their spending habit charting stuff, but what's even cooler to me is that they're using a few FlexLib components on the site. I got an email from Jason Putorti, a Flex dev with Mint, letting me…
- As part of my non-existent New Year's resolutions, I've gone through and made a series of bugfixes to FlexLib and released an updated version .2.2. You can download the distribution zip file here or checkout the project from SVN. What was fixed Here are the list of issues that I…