Seriously now, Ted Patrick claims the beta release of Flex 3 will be “the beta of the single best release of Flex yet” and will include “‘game changing’ platform capabilities.” And I guess Ryan Stewart has embraced his new Adobe status and is pimping the upcoming release as well.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m excited and all, but it seems like the PR machines are working a little too hard here. I can’t read a blog entry anymore without it being about either:
- how Flex 3 is going to do my dishes and get me a beer from the fridge
- the ground-breaking ColdFusion beta that I can’t live without
- why Silverlight sucks and how MS wants to buy the world
- Google and Adobe making sweet love with Google Gears
I’ll hold my judgment on Moxie until I hear what Flex 3 will actually contain, but it better be some seriously good shit or I’m going to be disappointed. Like, my world better be rocked… and rocked hard. If I don’t have to change my underwear after I read about Flex 3 then it’s a major letdown.
- Pretty sweet logo, whoever designed that must be pretty much the best person in the world. Get your 360|Flex stuff here. And if you haven't registered for 360Flex, do that here.
- Am I the only one who's going to say this? Seems like the Flex blogosphere is drooling over the concept that Google would do something in Flex. But I haven't heard anyone talk shit about the app. Maybe it's because it's 1:30am and I've had a few beers, but seriously…