I’ve posted the Flex 3 Beta 2 SDK that can be compared using Trac to the previous Beta 1 SDK files. This lets you easily see what changed from Beta 1 to Beta 2.
View the changest from Beta 1 to Beta 2 here.
Check out the
main Trac site here.
Some other things to note:
- Lots of the files have a very basic change in the copyright notice: from “2003-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC and its licensors” to “2003-2007 Adobe Systems Incorporated”. That unfortunately means a lot of “false positives” show up in the changeset.
- I guess joining Adobe means Robert Penner gets to pimp his own book (even with a direct link to the page on Amazon) within the SDK source code.( 😛 I’m just busting balls)
- There are lots of trace statements commented out, giving us an insight into the Flex team’s debugging mind. ListBase has 40 such statements that haven’t been removed from the code. DataGrid has 54. ProgressBar line 1631 has the wonderful “Move indeterminate” trace statement.
- There’s some new stuff for styling. It looks like they’ve added a class called StyleProxy (note: at the moment completely undocumented and has large blocks of commented-out code), and that you can use that to set the default styles on custom components. I don’t really know much about this (Juan, want to chime in?) but check out the changes in TabNavigator to see a little how they’re using StyleProxy.
- I want to start off with a quick recap of the current status of the bug I wrote about a few days ago. The Flex 3 Panel bug that resulted in the content of a Panel overlapping the title bar of the Panel has been fixed. The fix will be…
- UPDATE: Well shit, turns out that posting the source of the almost-open-source-but-not-quite-yet Flex SDK is a no-no for now. I assume once the Flex 3 SDK officially goes open source this will be OK, but for now I've been asked by Adobe to take it down. As you say master.…
- I did a few calculations on the Flex SDK source code. By my count there are 788 files (.as or .mxml) for a total of 287,661 lines of code. Out of that, 87,216 lines are comments (about 30%). The top 5 biggest classes are: UIComponent (8,407 lines), ListBase (7,414 lines),…